What is Waterjet?
Waterjet Cutting is a machining process that uses pressurized water to cut materials. Often, the water is mixed with abrasive that enables more materials to be cut cleanly to close tolerances and good edge finishes.
- Can cut-out any shape and pattern.
- Can cut any kind of material, except diamond, tempered glass and some hard ceramics.
- Can cut up to 4 inches (100mm) of stainless steel and 5 inches (125mm) of aluminum.
- For materials thicker than 1/4 inch (6mm), waterjet can cut with higher accuracy and better edge finish than laser and plasma.
- Waterjet’s cold cutting method does not heat-up the material when cutting, thus it will not cause material warping, distortion and micro-cracks. Unlike heat cutting processes like laser and plasma cutting, waterjet does not create Heat-Affected Zone (HAZ).
- Polished materials are cut without discoloration along the cut, unlike laser and plasma which burn the cut edges.
- Reflective, heat-sensitive and heat-resisting materials can be cut without material effects.
- Does not produce burr that would require additional finishing operations.
Why Choose Hi-Top?
- Excellent finish quality
- Fast delivery
- Affordable price
- Can cut bigger than 4 feet x 8 feet
- Accepts labor only
HI-TOP WATERJET CUTTING MATERIAL GUIDE
|Metals||Stainless Steel, Mild Steel, Galvanized, Aluminum, Copper, Brass, Bronze, Tool Steel, etc.|
|Composites||Aluminum Composite Panel, Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, etc.|
|Wood||Wood, Plywood, Marine Plywood, MDF, Laminate, etc.|
|Plastics & Rubber||Engineering Plastic, HDPE, Rubber, Foam, etc.|
|Stone & Ceramics||Ceramic Tile, Granite, etc.|
|Glass||Polycarbonate, Acrylic, etc.|